Wednesday, October 15, 2008

California Fires

If it's fall, you can bet there's another series of fires smoldering in Southern California. After living through my first major SoCal fire just around this time last year, I was not very surprised to hear on yesterday's AC360 podcast (you can subscribe to it on iTunes) about the conditions in the San Fernando Valley and, most recently, in San Diego and San Bernardino. As of this morning, the fire had torn through about 18,000 acres in the Valley alone. My sister just emailed me today saying that the Metrolink has been shut down...which once again makes me very thankful that I am still not relying on the Ventura Line to commute anywhere anymore.

Here's hoping that my family and friends that live in the area around Simi and Moorpark come out of this one unscathed.

No comments: