Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Must Try Kimchi Quesadillas

Last week, I mentioned my sudden urge for Korean BBQ after overhearing a couple of coworkers discussing Korean food they picked up from a truck outside of the office in Beverly Hills. Today, I see that the impetus for my own Korean food craving has actually made it to The New York Times. Here's something I've gotta try...

The mobile restaurant is called Kogi Korean BBQ-To-Go. The Los Angeles-based lunch truck is really stretching the limits of California fusion cuisine by mixing traditional Korean flavors with Mexican stand-bys. Their menu includes everything from spicy pork tacos to kimchi quesadillas. It may sound strange, but judging from the omg-this-is-so-good histrionics I heard from my coworkers, it's definitely worth the try.

Kogi is also one of the most high tech lunch wagon operations out there apparently. They notify die-hard fans of their location as they move from spot to spot via their twitter account, and maintain a blog chronicling the development of the company. Korean-Mexican fusion via twitter? What a brave new world this is...

No comments: