Thursday, February 26, 2009

Twitter on Nightline



I've been on Twitter since last summer when some of my coworkers at BroadSpire mentioned that they'd been doing it from their iPhones. Being abroad for a bit, I had neglected to update my account, and having my texting capabilities limited didn't help either. (I'm oh so sorry.)

Since starting my work at takepart.com, I have been on twitter quite a lot and have become slightly obsessed. I've even attempted to start the twitter-fever with my colleagues at KSPC. We run a social-political talk radio program that I think is very relevant to the twitter world, so why not try to amass a following and get feedback along the way. When pitching the idea to my fellow staff members who didn't understand the twitter phenomenon, I was met with some perplexed looks. And my attempts to explain exactly what twitter is were feeble at best.

In the clip above (found via twitter, of course), it seems that even its founders struggle with that problem...

No comments: