Saturday, August 9, 2008

Darroch Court.

A few weeks ago, I finally received word about where I will be living in Edinburgh for the semester (well, for the most part anyway--there will be a period in the beginning of chaotic movement from place to place). The building is called Darroch Court, and apparently is not so bad as far as University flats go. When the Pomona students were registering for accommodations, we were given the opportunity to sign up for the standard dining hall experience (which we were warned about by past students) or a self-catered option. Self-catered, from what I gather, basically means we are on our own food-wise. Yeah, Pomona will be giving us stipends to spend on our meals...but the preparation of those meals is (scarily) entirely up to us. And, there's not really a L&L nearby, so I'm gonna have to learn quick. A loco moco can't be that hard to make.

I will be living with 4 other students all of whom are going to be University freshmen with a good mix of nationalities. We all get single rooms in the flat and share a common living area and kitchen. I've read positive things about the complex, but I guess I can't really know until I get there.

No comments: