Friday, September 12, 2008

The City

The Old College

Edinburgh Castle

Cafe where JK Rowling began writing Harry Potter

Just walking around the city over the past week before Freshers Week (Their equivalent of Freshman Orientation) kicks off. Here are some of the sites that I'll be living relatively close to. I was especially excited to see the Elephant House...the cafe in which a struggling JK Rowling would sit and write the beginnings of the saga on napkins.

To give you an update: Tomorrow, I will finally be moving into Darroch Court and, hopefully, meeting up with my flatmates. Finally can say goodbye to Pollock Halls and the weird cafeteria food that they serve here. (Didn't get to try the Haggis, but I was tempted to).

1 comment:

The Classic Kid said...

No prob. mate. Did you get any closer to that castle? It's such a fucking awesome castle--this is my architecture loving self, btfw. hahaha. I think you should follow my blog by adding me to your "blogs I'm following" thing. Does one get notified? I want to get notified. ahaha.

umm... nice pics.