Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Music!

Courtesy of last.fm and my good friends at POP!Music, I'm slowly beginning to compile a list of bands I'd like to see that are rolling through Scotland (that would be Edinburgh and Glasgow) over the next few months. The list, as expected, is not as saturated as say a list of bands playing back in Los Angeles might be, but it's decent...

Note the lopsidedness in the concert distribution between Edinburgh (the city I live in) and Glasgow ( a city about 30 minutes to the West by train). It's a good fall to be in Glasgow, I guess.

October 2008:
1 - The Hold Steady - ABC Glasgow - Glasgow
11 - British Sea Power - ABC Glasgow - Glasgow
12 - CSS - Liquid Room - Edinburgh
18 - Jenny Lewis - Queen Margaret Union - Glasgow
21 - Fall Out Boy / Boys Like Girls - Queen Margaret Union - Glasgow
- Mogwai / Fuck Buttons - Edinburgh Corn Exchange - Edinburgh
23 - Tilly And The Wall - King Tut's Wah Wah Hut - Glasgow
29 - Vampire Weekend - Barrowlands - Glasgow

November 2008:
4 - Oasis - S.E.C.C. - Glasgow
6 - SIGUR ROS - Carling Academy Glasgow - Glasgow
9 - Okkervil River* - Oran Mor - Glasgow
- MGMT - Barrowlands - Glasgow
14 - Death Cab for Cutie - Edinburgh Corn Exchange - Edinburgh
16 - Kanye West - S.E.C.C. - Glasgow
25 - McFly - S.E.C.C. - Glasgow

December 2008:
5 - Coldplay - S.E.C.C. - Glasgow
7 - Kings of Leon - S.E.C.C. - Glasgow

*I apologize to Okkervil River for the faux pas that I am about to commit, but their new album, The Stand Ins, is just so good it deserves sharing! Get it on RapidShare here. Stand-out tracks include 'Lost Coastlines' with its bubbly melancholy, and, a personal favorite, 'Bruce Wayne Campbell on the Roof of the Chelsea Hotel, 1979', an epic ode to an '80s glam rocker lifted off too soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, thanks for the plug. Also, you have to see Okkervil River, they're are better than you could ever imagine live. Their new album is great, it's a nice follow up to the stage names.

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that you will always SUCK if you get to see Oasis... And if anything, the only band you should truly see is: Tilly and the Wall. They are great.

Oh, and thanks for the quote and the support...NOT! wtfm! You know, I'm a weakling, so, in any case, the inner turmoil will cease, I hope, otherwise the next fucking months will be hell... I just need to find my music soulmate. I have found a soulmate, guess who she is... Oh, and I have a new crush. Very pretty. haha. But sometimes the new crush isn't THAT pretty. She is in one of my classes, and she likes one of my pens. If you know what I mean... hahaha.

Oh, and for the Okkervil River music, does one have to create an account to d/l stuff? Because, it gave me that impression.