Saturday, September 6, 2008

Edinburgh! Finally!

I arrived in Edinburgh last Tuesday from Barcelona and, after stressing for a little bit about FedEx losing my box, am slowly settling in to our temporary residences here at Pollock Halls. The weather here has been iffy over the past few days...sunny some days with highs in the mid-60s, rainy most others with highs in the 50s (which is a total shock coming from the humid 80-degree heat of Spain and Italy). Our program officially started on Wednesday with a tour of the city and the campus with our program director Tom Barron, who by the way is brilliant. Tomorrow, we take a trip across the Forth of Firth to the Fife Coast and St. Andrews. Next week, we begin our Pomona-only core course covering the basics of Scottish history and culture. Two hours a day for 5 days, and weekly sessions during the semester. Then it's Freshers Week, where we finally join the rest of the non-international student body for a week of orientations, club rushes, and parties. Finally, classes start on the following Monday. I will keep you updated on my class schedule and everything-academic as things progress.

For now, my internet here at Pollock is a bit shoddy and I apologize for not being able to update more regularly. For now, I'm safe and exploring Edinburgh. It's officially started.

No comments: