Friday, September 19, 2008

The Digs.

A couple of months back, I mentioned that I am living in the Darroch Court flats while studying here in Edinburgh. Ironically, the picture that I posted back on August 10 shows the exact entryway to my flat--enter through the right door.

For an accommodation at a University so large, I must say that I am very impressed with the facilities. There are 5 of us living in the flat. Everyone has a single room and we all share a common room (dining room/kitchen) and three bathrooms. And, unique to Darroch, we have a two-in-one washing machine/dryer right in the flat, meaning we don't have to lug our clothes to any basement to use shared facilities. Very convenient. My flat is also very central with the main academic quad within just 5 minutes on foot and the state-of-the-art Centre for Sport and Exercise literally right next door.

It's no Oldenborg, but It'll do. It'll do.

No comments: